Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yosemite

Yep so I saw a lot of 'this' in vacation. And as you will see towards the end of the pictures the boys all picked it up too. It's a good thing I love my hunka hunka burning love :)
I'm just happy because we got the tent set up without killing each other. Always fun.


The boys always crack me up. I put them all in the same sweatshirt for identification purposes. This was our first camping dinner. Nothing like top ramen baby! Don't ya just love my round camping tablecloth on a rectangle table. Don't ask me how I got a circle one I don't even remember. I've never been camping and found a round picnic table. Weird!



This is the family all smiles before we left for our biggest hike. It probably wasn't a good omen that we had to park almost a mile away from the parking lot to the trailhead.





This was about halfway up the hike. No more big smiles. We were hiking up to Nevada Falls which is about 3 miles round trip. Doesn't sound to bad right? Except did I mention that first mile is pretty much straight up and then you hit 600 steps. Add a baby on your back, toddler in Josh's case and you get quite a workout. We did make it to the top and it was well worth the hike. It was a gorgeous waterfall and a wonderful accomplishment to make it to the top. And I'll tell you what, it hurt going down too. I'll never forget Josh telling Paul, who was 5 years old at the time to "Man up" and stop whining. He still whined quite a bit but he made it. David was a trooper and carried the water supply for the family. Both Lauren and Seth took naps during the ordeal, I mean hike. Must be nice.


It was smart to do the longest, hardest hike the first day because after that everything just seemed easy. Including this 50 step walk from the car to the base of the waterfall to which Paul said, "Was that it?"

This picture is so funny because we were at a beach were across the way you can see the hikers going up El Capitan. I turned around to get a picture of Seth who was running across and down he biffed just as I snapped the picture. So that black dot out there is Seth.



I don't remember which fall this was but it was a fairly short hike. The really funny story to the picture is why Josh had to crop it the way he did. We were hiking along the path when an older gentleman passed us. Josh was ahead of me so I could see his reaction as he did a double take. The gentleman was hiking in hiking boots, a t-shirt and boxers. Then when we got there and went to take pictures he was standing next to us by the log.

This was on top of Sentinel Dome. What a gorgeous view of the valley and Half Dome.




This is about the spot that we saw a bear when we were going up the trail to the top of the rock.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I told Travis that we need to do this. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete