Friday, March 20, 2009

Part Deux San Diego

I just spent an hour and a half catching up on everybody else's blog instead of updating my own. It's fun though and made me kind of emotional tonight. Not too sure why but got me thinking about how grateful I am for my beautiful family. So here's some more cute pictures from San Diego. Josh had a CADA Conference for school since he's the Sophomore Class Advisor. He was gone from Wednesday on but Friday night we drove down and crashed his hotel. :) It was nice weather and an even nicer break from life as usual. Friday night we walked over a bridge from his hotel to the Mall on Friars. We got dinner and then walked around a bit and even did a little shopping. It made me a little philosophical. It's a kind of high end area and most of the people walking around were wearing high end apparel and designer accessories. We were stared at by many due to the fact that we had not one or two (which seemed to be a large family down there) children but four. It just made me realize that the "jewels" of my life are my family. They drive me crazy, sometimes to the point of insanity, they make me mad, sometimes to the point of yelling and screaming, and they make me insanely happy to the point I feel like my heart could burst into a million little pieces. I am so glad I chose to be a wife and mother!

This adorable smile just makes me happy!

Like I said earlier David is all into the bunny ears...even giving them to himself.


I just love this one of Paul and Josh together.


Enjoying a nice weather day in San Diego. We even had the pool all to ourselves. The boys were avid little swimmers. They cracked me up with their goggles but they just HAD to have them.


Lauren was just too cute in her little swim suit. What a great weekend away! When can we go again?!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time in San Diego! Next time you are down, send me an email and we'll get together. I would love to meet your cute little family. I am with you about being a mom and wife...great job, but man some days/hours I just want to pull my grey hairs out! But I love my little "jewels" as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I didn't even realize til last night when I was reading through and updating that you left a comment before. Yea being a mom is a "craptastic" job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really cute in that suit and hat! I'm glad you guys had fun! We need to get away like that every once in a while! It's good for our soul!

    ReplyDelete