Monday, April 13, 2009

San Clemente Fun Run

So last Saturday I ran my first 5K in San Clemente. I've only been running a couple months and I've lost over 20 pounds but I'm certainly not a "typical" runner. This was a really fun trail run up in the foothills of San Clemente. We were fortunate enough to have my mom watch the kids Friday night and we went down and spent the night at the beach. That was just as exciting as the run.
Saturday morning bright and early before the race wearing my lovely number.

This is what we did while waiting for the actual race to start. We could have showed up like an hour later and still totally been fine. Now we will know for next time.


Here I am finishing the race. About half way through my run I realized I had something none of the other runners had...a chest and a backside! :) The run was a little hilly but I didn't think I was that tired or sore afterward...until later that night. Fun fun. I came home and signed up to do it all again in 2 months. :)


1 comment: