Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's Get Cookin'

 Okay so before I begin this post which is dedicated to my friend Julie, I had to throw in this crazy picture. Before I start explaining the basket and the title of this post, the aforementioned baskets were made for a double bridal shower at work for my Principal and her Secretary, ahem Administrative Assistant, sorry. At the bridal shower I wore my new shoes that I'd just gotten which were aquamarine slingbacks, studded with a bow. Anyhoo I got distracted by them whilst talking pictures at the shower, so I thought I'd throw in the picture.
 Okay so the last school year, we began the year and when our secretary came back with a ginormous diamond ring we found out she was engaged. Then after Christmas break the principal came back with a ginormous diamond too, so we had a double bridal shower.
 Hmmmmm so what do you get your boss and secretary for a bridal shower. It's a second marriage for both and it's a work function not just friends. So that makes coming up with ideas very interesting. We could have played it safe like everyone else and gotten them a gift card but we are not the safe types. Be scared, be very scared if you are getting a gift from us...
 So I came up with this idea to make a basket of cooking stuff. Seems simple enough right...but we packed it with enough double entendre and cooking stuff to fill it it! And we made two.
So the title was "Let's Get Cookin'" and it was separated into steps with little recipe cards attached to each item.

  • Step 1-Ambiance- It was different food scented candles.
  • Step 2-Uniform- They were aprons wrapped up.
  • Step 3-Refreshment- It was a bottle of sparkling cider.
  • Step 4-Ingredients- There was hot fudge, fresh honey, and whipped cream.
  • Step 5-Tools- There was some cooking utensils, a spatula, and a nutcracker.
  • Step 6-No explanation needed- Cooking oil and a 10 x 10 sheet of plastic.
  • Step 7-Clean Up- Bath salts & bubble bath.
  • Step 8-For skipping steps 1-6- Restaurant Gift Cards.



So we had a ball putting the basket together and these are my cohorts (well almost all). I love being creative and coming up with things like this and this one was A LOT of fun. Sounds good to me...let's get cookin!

No comments:

Post a Comment