Sunday, January 11, 2009

Relief Society Lesson

I always tend to think my kids look so awesome on Sunday so this time I took a picture. (How come I don't feel that way all during sacrament?)


Now just look at that picture. They say a picture says a 1000 words. Does it teach a lesson too? I had to lay everything out on the table to make sure I didn't forget anything. Is there some extra genetic wiring on the x chromosome that makes women do this for a single lesson or is it just me? I was teaching from the Joseph Smith manual, lesson 25 about parables. I had 4 baskets, one for each parable with visual aides for each. Then I had 4 visual aides for the table and lest you think one of my children put Mrs. Potato Head on the table by mistake, it was for the lesson too. Then I had my manual, my scriptures, my typed out 3 page guide and 40 handouts. They were planters cups lined with wax paper filled with kisses. They had a planter stick with Matthew 13 written on them. It's the scripture with all the parables in the lesson. I look at all of this and have to wonder; Is there something wrong with me? It reminds me of the movie RM, and pans from the Elder's Quorum room where the guys are saying, "Are you teaching the lesson? Nah man I thought you were teaching today." to the Relief Society where there's a harpist playing softly in the background and an ice scuplture on the table.

4 comments:

  1. I think this "mysterious piece of the x chromosome" that you talk about is the same one that makes us as women (generally) enjoy things like scrapbooking and such . . . we like to document things and have something tangible to help us remember a lesson learned (or as in scrapbooking a memory made). :)
    I hope the lesson went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel tired just THINKING of all the preparation that went into this! I'm sure it was a great lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man- girl- I'm sorry I missed it! I will never miss another lesson from you again- WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm just glad I only have to do it once a month.

    ReplyDelete