Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spoiler Alert: Boring Material Ahead!

This is my blog and my memory so I am documenting my classroom. Since I spend a majority of my life and energy here I wanted to have some pictures of it. This is our reading corner. In room we are "Wild About Learning!" hence the monkey/jungle theme. And I just really like it.
This is the calendar corner. Here we "Dive into Math". Yeah I know it's cheesy but I like it and my students really enjoy our room. You wouldn't believe the crazy stuff I do in this corner. You've never seen me do the macarena with 20 6 year olds. It's something else.

The important thing to notice in this picture is the beautifully crafted white cubbies made by my wonderful wood shop teaching hubby. It only took 3 years but I finally got him to make me something for my classroom and they are wonderful. I love them!


This is where all the important planning takes place. (Thats why it looks like a tornado hit it)
This is my desk.


My students hard at work. I have a great class this year. Thank goodness. This is my 12th year of teaching. Where does the time go? I'm just lucky that I still love my job!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that was boring at all! In fact, I LOVED seeing the pics of your classroom! I'm so glad you enjoy your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Rachel, the next time we get together I want to see your Macarena moves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. That's just not gonna happen. :)

    ReplyDelete