Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Dinner

You know there's something wrong with you when you start hosting dinner parties at 16 and catering your own birthday party in college. But what can I say I love to play hostess. I don't know anyone else in my immediate age bracket that has an entire China hutch filled with a complete set of China, crystal and serving ware. I am the go to girl for borrowing crystal platters, bowls and pitchers. =) Whenever in doubt of what to get me for a present you can never go wrong with some type of crystal item or serving ware. I really enjoyed making Christmas dinner this year. I changed up the menu a bit and added some new recipes. It all turned out very well and there were very few leftovers to speak of. Here's just a couple of pictures from dinner. Next time I'll take a picture of the table before we start eating too. It was sooo pretty. On that note if anyone knows where to get a book on ways to fold cloth napkins into fancy shapes and ducks and things like that I have a birthday coming up in January. =) And I'm getting tired of the fan, which is the only way I know how to fold napkins.


For those of you who don't know that's Josh's uncle Craig and his wife Mary, my parents and cousin (uncle) Matt.

We had swedish fish for dessert. Teehee...


1 comment:

  1. That's so cool Rachel! I can see you're the hostess with the mostess . . . Maybe if my family ever coms down to visit the Rees family in California I could get some pointers from you!?! :)

    ReplyDelete